If you are in the process of planning out new kitchen and dining spaces, you may be searching what are the standard height of your tables, chairs, shelves, counters etc. These dimensions will impact your daily life, an inch can make a huge difference in sitting or working so, it’s good to have a basic understanding how measurement will make your space more comfortable and always remember comfort is new king.
Standard height of Kitchen counters are around 36 inches including the countertop material. The height for a bar or dual-level island is typically 42 to 43 inches. 15 inches above countertop level is a good microwave height.
Counter stools & chairs
A standard height of counter stool is 24 inches from the floor to the seat. A counter chair may measure from 24 to 26 inches as standard height, counter chair might have a seat back and arm rest. Swivels are also available. Bar stools measure between 28 to 30 inches height.
Dining tables are standard at 30 inches, bar height tables are generally around 42 inches. Some older vintage, antique tables are 28.5 to 29.5 inches. Round table with 50 inches or less diameter are best for navigation and conversation.
Dining room chair
Dining chair heights are typically 17 to 19 inches from floor to seat. If you would like armchairs, its height may vary by style so, ensure the armchairs fit comfortably under the table. Allow atleast 30 inches of space for chair extension.
Some of other useful dimensions for kitchen
- 15 inches above countertop level is a good microwave height.
- 15 inches of countertop on each side of a cooktop and refrigerator.
- 24 inches is the the average base cabinet depth
- 25 inches is the average countertop depth
- 36 inches is the ideal prep area next to your cooktop
- 12 inches is the standard depth for upper cabinet
- 15 – 18 inches is the standard distance between countertop and wall mount cabinet
- The standard hood height is 30 to 33 inches.
The kitchen is one of the best home improvements to invest in, as it will increase the overall value of your space dramatically so, every details must to be perfect. For more comfort and relaxed lifestyle keep dimensions standard.
Do you have some suggestions? Share and Tell us what you think in the comments below…!!!